Thursday, November 26, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig Jig

I'm finally home again!


I love it sooo much. 
My sister Megan and I caught a ride with one of our fellow NCU comrades, Jeneca. 
We all piled into her red BMW Bug and made the great journey. I was so ecstatic to be home and couldn't wait to see my family, friends, and dogs. However, my energy to leave was quickly met with the worse traffic we have ever seen. It normally would take two hours to get to Portland but instead we got there in four =/. Finally we made it to WASHINGTON. It was so weird. Even though I was in a part of Washington that was unfamiliar to me I automatically felt at home. Washington is so much better than everywhere else! =P


You guys don't know how much comfort and joy I found in simply seeing the majority of the license plates being from Washington state. 


Well we finally made it to Stanwood where our friend Jack was going to pick us up to take us the rest of the way home. It was quite awesome! Jeneca dropped us off with our bags, pillows, blankets, backpacks, and Megan's loaf of bread that she brought for Jack. If I wasn't in heals and Megan wasn't as beautiful as she is then people would think we were homeless. However, there will always be those certain stupid people out there. When we unloaded all our stuff and shielded it from the rain at like 12:30am there was this one lady who gave us the most disapproving look. We continued into the store and she proceeded to walk ahead and turn around only to give us the stink eye. hahaha. I found it quite ridiculous that she would care so much. Her look shouted, "How dare these bums enter this respectful Haggens with all their stuff. I'm really trying to have a classy shopping experience and these bums are staining my presence." Good grief. Get over yourself lady. I guess you should have shopped at Safeway or Fred Meyer instead. Don't judge and label me. hahah


Once home, Megan and I woke up Carly to say that we loved her and missed her and then we went to Stevie's room. When we woke up Stevie he freaked out. He didn't recognize who we were so he started shouting "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa..." Haha.. We tried telling him that it was just his loving sisters but he was pretty delusional at 1:30 in the morning. He eventually realized it was us and laughed. Haha. It makes for a good story though. 


Lisle and Gretle (the BEST dogs ever) are still the same. Lisle is still my favorite and Gretle is still a beautiful brat. 


It's lovely but also weird being back home. Although I have only been gone about 4 months I still find it weird that I do things automatically. For example, when I finished brushing my teeth I almost automatically put my toothbrush in my former cupboard that has now been taken over by Jack. 


I am so thankful to be home!
Yay! I really don't think I have ever been so excited in such a long time. You don't even know. I realized last night that I should be pretty embarrassed at my excitement but I was just to happy to care.  


I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your families and food everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment