Sunday, January 3, 2010

Winter Break Adventures & Fiascos!







Greetings Earthlings!

This is the story of Christmas Eve in Eugene:
I was crashing at the Jones' residence for a few days to escape the asylum the dorms had become. Too much peace and quiet doesn't do well on a person's mental state hahahaa...ha. Anyway, The Jones were kind enough to take me in. I helped Mrs. Jones bake Christmas cookies and hand out food at the local food pantry in Junction City--anything to keep my mind off the fact that I was going home on Christmas Eve for the first time in 4 months! Finally, the afternoon rolled around it was time to go the airport. I waited anxiously at my gate to board the plane only to hear an announcement on the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, we regret to inform you that this flight has been cancelled due to the fog. It will be rescheduled for tomorrow." Devastation. I called my family and then I called the Jones with tears welling up in my eyes and they rushed to get me and immediately took me in for Christmas eve. Bless their Hearts. So we ate and laughed and Daniel and I played legos with a 7-year-old boy from church, but Daniel and I had waaaaay more fun than he did. Beware of the Jade Plungaaaa!! Erm, anyway. Christmas morning I was at the airport at 4am and headed home finally. It certainly was a memorable Christmas!

When I returned to Eugene it was back to the basketball grind :) We had a short away trip first to Ashland, Oregon and then to Klamath Falls where we spent New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, we lost both of the games, but we had lot's of fun playing in the snow and bringing in the new year together.

It has been an adventure of a winter break, but I'm ready for everybody to come back! Especially my roomie! Classes start a week from tomorrow and I can't wait!
Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment