Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mayday Mayday!!

Sorry everyone... once again it has been awhile. This time I have a valuable excuse! The hard drive of my brand new computer crashed on Christmas day, leaving me computer-less. My new hard drive arrived yesterday so I of course promptly plugged it in and started blogging right away. =]

So Christmas has come and gone and winter break is soon coming to a close. I only have about 10 days left on Whidbey Island until I'm back to the wonderful town of Eugene. It's weird, I feel kind of divided. I find that I use the word "home" interchangeably. I consider the house I grew up in home but now my small dorm room has become home as well. Home is where the heart is? It's good to know that my heart is in two places =]. Anyway. I am so thankful for my Whidbey Island home but I am very excited to reunite with my NCU home. Being away from NCU has helped me realize the great friendships I have built there and how great and perfect the college stage is in my life right now. Being back in my home town I realized that many people will always view me for who I was and not what I can be.

I'm excited for next semester. Last semester I realized that the more you put in the more you will get out. I think last semester I focused more so on my grades and less on the benefit and awesomeness of learning. If I will let myself, next semester I'm not going to worry about grades so much and focus more on learning and gaining knowledge in the subjects that I am studying. I'm excited for my sister Megan though. Instead of coming back with me to NCU she gets to go to Uganda in Africa to study abroad. This is something she has been wanting to do for a long time. It is awesome to see that this is finally a reality for her. If you all could keep her in your prayers that would be awesome.

I hope you all had a marvelous Christmas and a great New Years!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment