Saturday, December 19, 2009

Story of my life.

Well this next story that I am going to share with you guys describes my life to a T.

Since being back I have been starting to get back into running. Yesterday I decided to go running in some trails close to my house. Before my run I was dismayed to find that my family was out of water. Mustering up my courage anyway I decided to hit the trails. Even at the beginning of my short jog my throat had already become choked with dryness. "Oh joy.." After pushing myself hard on some steep hills through the misty, teasing, and provoking drizzle, my unquenched throat and I headed back on the main road to my car. Keep in mind these trails are very secluded and you often see no one around. Being who I am... my mind began to race as I looked at the moistened leaves just to the right of the path.  I then began to get little clips of Survivor moments or the movie Cast Away. Well... what happens next should be expected. I decided to let my imagination take me over (like any good homeschooler would do) and tried gathering water from the leaves. I first picked a leaf but that made all the water fall depressingly to the ground. I then proceeded to stick my tongue on the tips of high leaves and received a drop of water from each leaf. I knew that I wouldn't get adequate amount of water from these leaves but my actions were solely for the experience. Haha. Well, after about 5 or 6 licked leaves I just happened to look behind me. And what was there?.... About 15ft behind me was an older lady simply smiling at me. I quickly and awkwardly returned her smile and said hello as I promptly turned back around.  "It's ok Lindsey, pretty soon this lady will be past you and you will never see her again," I thought to myself. However, next thing I know the older gal is to the left of me and asks me if I could do her a favor. "I twisted my ankle back a ways and I didn't bring my car. If you are done would you be able to give me a ride to the hospital where I work?" Of course I couldn't refuse giving her a ride. So I agreed and we continued down the path together. Oh my goodness! For a hurt ankle that older lady sure did know how to book it! Haha.. My heart was pounding just to keep up with her. haha. She gave me permission to continue running if I wanted to... I quickly declined. haha. I told her that my walking was probably faster than my running away =P Hahaha.

We continued the rest of the mile to the car making casual conversation and I then drove her to the hospital. Turns out she is a nurse. I'm surprised she didn't talk to me about the bacteria one might receive from licking leaves. haha It all worked out, and I hope her ankle gets better.

I hope this story shows you all how comfortable and trusting I am of you. Thank you faithful readers (Mom, Siblings...) you are appreciated. =]


**Always look behind you**

1 comment:

  1. ..And just think if you never stopped to drink the rain...that lady would have never received your help. That means God even uses our weird characteristics :P Glad you are my sister. :)

    ReplyDelete