Sunday, June 13, 2010

intenseness.

Today we had a surprise birthday party for Rachael. It was my responsibility to keep her distracted and distant from the house so that everyone could arrive. After the grocery store I mentioned that I would really like some Rita's (ice cream) that happened to be all the way across town =P

As we walked back to our car, with ice cream in hand, we began to hear a screaming, panicking voice.
"HELP ME!! HELP ME! OH MY GOSH.. OH MY GOSH.. HEELLLLLPP!"

All that we could hear was this woman's cry for help. There were houses nearby and it sounded like the cries were coming from inside. I immediately thought a lady was being beat up; abused. It was horrible. Never have I heard in real life such genuine cries. There were three high school age students standing around looking shocked and dumbfounded. As Rachael and I rounded the corner of the parking lot there was a lady decked out in biker gear with her foot pinned underneath a fallen motorcycle. We sprinted to her side as she screamed for us to lift the motorcycle off of her. It was pretty intense. Gas was leaking out of the bike all over the ground and her. As Rachael tried to prop the bike up she rested the steaming hot pipe of the bike on her leg. Needless to say she has a pretty gnarly burn on her leg. However, Rachael and the lady are both fine. Her husband or boyfriend showed up and was going to take her to the hospital. She was pretty certain that her foot was broken.

With one adventure down, we headed back to the house where Rachael was greeted with her surprise party. There were a lot of people here and it was all a lot of fun.

If you would be so kind please be praying for me. I've been kind of sick lately and I think an infection spread to my wisdom teeth. I'm no doctor/dentist but all I know is that I can barely open my mouth. Please pray that I don't have to get a shot in my jaw!! eeeek!

Peace&Love

-Lindsey

7 comments:

  1. Wow, they picked the perfect person to distract Rachael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy!! I hope you start feeling better Linds...don't let it get too intense, if that stuff gets into your blood stream it will be bad news bears.

    (aren't I so good at sounding like a mom now?! ha!)

    love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. get em yanked linds. you are better off just getting it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what encouraging words from your sis and favorite roomie! One reminds you that you might die and the other encourages you to have your teeth ripped out of your head. As your mother I say, take drugs. Good. Strong. Drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha.. It's just stinky that I am battling a cold on top of it as well. So I don't know what causes what. Today I got sent home from work because my cold got worse! Oh geez.. My colds always last for weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, getting your teeth yanked out will feel better than a staff infection in her jaw....just saying....and they give you good drugs when you get your wisdom teeth out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah.. I'm glad I get to wait until I get home to get my wisdom teeth ripped out. Don't get me wrong.. I really don't want them yanked out but at least I will be home. =]

    ReplyDelete