Monday, March 15, 2010

"Can I gwoosh yer dar?"

This weekend was great but long. I babysat for a family I had never met before and they were a great family.  On Saturday I babysat Makenna (2 ½) and Mason (5) from 1:30 to 8! Oh geez what a day!  My whole day consisted of many episodes of Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry, Play Dough, and coloring.

Makenna was in love with play dough. We made many things; constructing pizzas, people, stars, and noodles. Haha. It was so cute. I made some stars with my playdough and she asked if she could have some of my stars. I of course gave her some… and little bit later I hear her say “Can I gwoosh yer dar?” “What?” I asked “Can I gwoosh yer dar” she repeated. OHHHH…. “Can you squish my star? Oh course you can”. Haha.. I love little kids and their developing language. She was very cute though and very polite.


PlayDough Creation!


~Drawing Time~

I love little kids and the things they try to get away with. Haha. Mason after dinner asked if he could have a cookie. When I agreed he proceeded to ask me if he could have two cookies.

Me: “How many cookies does your mom usually let you have?”
Mason: “2”
Me: “I don’t think that’s the truth”
Mason: “Ok, here is the truth.. .She lets us have three cookies”
Me: “How do I know you are telling me the truth now since you lied to me before?”
Mason: “Ok, here is the truth… (Sigh)… only one.”

Haha.. like I said. I love little kids.

Just last week when Keegan, Preston, Jason, and I taught Sunday school, we had a couple kids try to convince us that they always go out to Recess. “We always go play tag and run around outside.” Keegan was sure to question these couple kids and found that they weren’t being the most truthful bunch. We found it pretty ironic since the lecture for the day was all about how when we lie we hurt those we should care the most about and how with our lies we create a sticky web. One day they’ll get it… or let’s hope so =P
This last Sunday the NCU BAND really had its moment to shine. At church and with our adoptive parents we are actually called the NCU band. Keegan, Daniel, Jason, Brittany, and I all did worship for church. That went great. We were short a piano player (Preston) because he went home to record for the weekend, but we managed. =]

On Tuesday Keegan and I have our interviews for the Resident Assistant job for next year. Be praying for us! We hope we get the positions!
In less than a week Keegan and I split ways for a week and go back to our homes!! Can anyone say “Spring Break”?  

Peace&Love

-Lindsey



4 comments:

  1. what day are you coming home from spring break!! I wish that Keegan could come to your house! i would LOVE to meet her!

    Love ya
    Ren@e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsey! I got your letter! I will write back as soon as possible!

    -Karli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you got it. I'm going to be seeing you soon! Woot woot! Love you.

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lindsey =)
    That's so cool about your sister! I've always wanted to go to Africa.
    I think you have the coolest blog ever =D

    ReplyDelete