Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh OakTown, How I Love Thee

I made it home! 

I endured the long expedition from Eugene to Home all by my lonesome. Six hours of nonstop driving, sitting, concentrating, and singing. Thank goodness for music. It is the fiber of my being, the spring to my step, the love of my very existence... Haha.. Well maybe not that extreme, Jesus is still and will forever be number one. =P

Oh man, it was great pulling into my hometown and seeing the "Honda Crew."
Good Ole Honda Crew.

Honda Crew: kids that are stuck in this town, going no where, but think they are too cool for school because they all have Honda "racing" cars.

They regularly meet outside some grocery store and chill.

They use to chill outside Albertsons but got banned for loitering so they now loiter at Safeway. While making my way back home, it was very comforting and reassuring that I was back in my home town when I laid eyes on the wonderful beauty of run down Honda cars and smoking, too cool for school kids.

 Although I haven't seen him in awhile... Maybe I will be fortunate enough to spot the CAT MAN who inhabits this great little town. A Cat Man sighting is very special and will be a moment you shall never forget.



Last I heard, Cat Man was working at getting actual cat pelts imbedded into his skin.

Oh how I love thee home.

-Lindsey

  

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm...sounds like a great ministry opportunity for the Honda guys...sounds like they need some direction, hope for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed correct! Thanks, a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a minister! I have a HONDA! I LOVE SAFEWAY! I got this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot woot. And you live here! So it is perfect! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are enjoying home! Sorry I wasn't there to ride back with you and ....sleep the whole way :P Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss you sister. I'm sure we will have many rides in the future where I sing you to sleep while we drive =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. True that lol honda crew bug me so much...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some kids I knew in HS used to drive by and shoot their cars with paint ball guns. Ack! But also pretty funny. I have been meaning to tell you that I LOVE the new title pic on the blog! You two are too cute!

    ReplyDelete