Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Desert Adventures with Luke & Daisy (and Keegan)

Hello there! Well, Lindsey has been posting up a storm so I figured I had better update everybody too. Unfortunately, Lindsey seems to be having a much more exciting break than I am, which is cool because I like having time to kick back and do nothing :)

My mom and dad both have to work during the day and my brother is back in school so it's just me and the dogs here at home. Luke and Daisy are both yellow labs and the best dogs ever. Luke is a big boy, about 115 lbs. and Daisy is much smaller and man is she quick! Since all they do is follow me around the house and stare at me during the day, I decided they needed some exercise (so did I). We have a big open wash (area where water can pool to prevent flooding when it rains here) by our house and its fenced in so it's perfect for a few rounds of fetch! Both dogs love their tennis ball, however, nobody loves it quite like Daisy. She's so much faster than Daisy that when I throw the ball, Luke just trots after her and then trots back and pretends that he helped :) After I had worn the dogs out a bit we walked back home and they both decided they needed to cool down in the pool. Our pool is still really cold but the dogs are like polar bears! They swim year round!

Also, on our walk I took some "scenary" photos so that all of you silly northwesterners could know what desert landscaping is and what a SAGUARO is. See photos and videos below. much love!



The dogs like to help my dad work on the car in the garage
This is a big Saguaro cactus, it's pronounced SA-WAR-OH.
This one is probably only 20 years old, since it doesn't have any "arms"
This is pretty typical front-yard landscaping. There's a mesquite tree and assorted cacti and gravel.


4 comments:

  1. haha.. awesome post! Why didn't you post the video your dad made of your dogs =]

    Love you! Can't wait to have continuous sleep overs again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really have cacti in your front yard?
    thats so tight

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha everybody has some assortment of cacti and gravel in their front yard here, grass is sort of taboo. :) miss you too linds.

    ReplyDelete