Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bad. To. The. Bone.


So I don't know if you know this about me.. but I'm pretty much a crazy rebel. I find joy in breaking the rules and become reenergized by the fact that I do what I want, when I want. 




NOT.



Haha.. If only that was the case. I'm usually pretty easy going; a nice, law abiding citizen. However, yesterday I had a little run in with the law. I went hiking with the youth pastors (Ryan and Kelly), their baby, and my friends Joe Joe and X. After a long, steep journey up the mountainside we were ecstatic by the simple thought of swimming in the lake afterward. Joe, X, and I raced into the water and I quickly displayed my impeccable swimming skills =P. Well, being the rebel that I am I desired so deeply to swim past the buoy enclosed swimming area, to the other side of the lake/pondish thing (it all looked like pee by the way.) I soon hooked youth pastor Ryan into making the journey across the lake. We never saw any signs or lifeguard that shouted "DO NOT CROSS!" All we knew is that nobody... I mean NOBODY was on the other side. Ryan and I swam across and when we reached the other side Ryan calmly exclaimed, "Oh, there is a state patrolman watching us." Ryan needed to catch his breath for a bit and then we headed out again. As we swam back we noticed a police patrol car pull up and station itself where we had been resting. So we had an official patrol man waiting for us on shore at one end and a patrol car on the other end. WE WERE SURROUNDED! Ryan pointed out to me that EVERYONE on or near the lake was staring at us. 


"Children, see those criminals out there.. swimming past the buoys.. Don't be like them.. Go to college.. be good."  =] 




As we reached the buoys, gangsta Joe Joe and X began shouting loudly "OHHH Ryan and Lindsey.. YOU IN TROUBLE! The PO-PO is here! Ohhh!" As soon as the patrol man shouted, "You two! Over here!", Joe Joe and X were out of there. "WE DON'T KNOW THEM.. NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE IN OUR LIVES!"


NOTICE: No one is swimming past the buoys.



Hahah..   


We ashamedly drudged out of the pee colored lake/pondish thing and walked with the officer. It turns out that  there were a few signs saying not to cross the buoy line. Go figure, huh?  We were informed that people who usually try crossing the lake are drunk or stoned. Haha.. Good to know that Ryan and I can find joy and pure satisfaction in crossing the lake without stimulants. =] 


Since we were well behaved (and Ryan played the youth pastor card) the officer was extremely nice and we got out of our steep fine and having to leave the lake immediately. Instead we got written up and handed a warning. It was kind of weird with the officer because after all was said and done he lingered around and made small talk with us. He really didn't want to go back to work and it was obvious. 


Overall it was very fun and I'm glad that Ryan and I added some crime to our records. 


We are bad. Bad to the Bone. 

























"He's out of survival methods already!" -Joe Joe

-Lindsey


2 comments:

  1. you got a written warning. for illegal swimming activity. Lindsey Marie Hall I am so disappointed in you. i would expect better from a college student. I can't believe my former roommate is an outlaw. hahahahaha i love it. actually, im super proud. way to be linds, way to be :) pretty soon you'll be gunning down innocent kids in the quad with nerf guns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah.. I would get written up for illegal swimming activity. haha. Ryan and I were talking and he asked me, "Is that the worse thing you have ever done?" Haha.. I couldn't think of anything else I had done.. I mean I have gotten a ticket... Haha.. but that was one of my first run ins with the law. I think I need to get out more. haha. Next school year baby!
    I know that you'll be right beside me.. shooting the little kids with nerfs. haha
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete