Friday, July 30, 2010

New Adventures

Since being away from home I have seen and experienced a lot of cool things. These are just some of many wonderful things I have encountered

- Seeing Fireflies for the first time!!
- Seeing a real life skunk just a few feet away at summer camp.
- Seeing a fox (Roadkill... but that's besides the point =])
-Watching bats dive bomb people at summer camp.
- I learned that this symbol:

Is NOT Northwest Christian University's logo but rather North Carolina University's. =/
I feel like my whole college life has been a lie. =p

         <----- NCU's logo...


- Being around wise people and having mentors is a fabulous thing
- God is my confidence... even when I don't feel it.
- I'm in love with a somewhat bald, extremely adorable little boy...
                                                              BABY HENRY!







- Hearing the stories and advice of older generations is extravagant and so valuable.
-Getting to meet the secretary to Eisenhower and someone who saw Hitler in her school assembly
-I can truly trust God in all circumstances because he works for my good... Why would I not trust him?
- I have family all around... west coast, east coast, oversees... 
-I never thought that 90ish degree weather would be considered comfortable and cool.
- I air conditioning ... A LOT!

Hmmm... There are so many more but they escape me at the moment. 
I've enjoyed my time here immensely and it's actually really hurting to leave. I never felt this way really before.. When ever I think about leaving my chest tightens up and I get this gross weird feeling.. I think they call it stressed. I feel like I have this constant battle inside of me. I'm so excited to be home and go back to school and see friends and family but at the same time I'm really dreading saying goodbye to people here. I have made new friends and family in just my short 3 month stay and I'm really hurting by the fact that we must part ways. Part of me wants to just hop on the airplane, shut my eyes tightly, take off and then pretend like none of what I have experienced happened. Haha.. I know it's a silly idea and I would never want to forget all that I have learned and seen but sometimes it sure does seem easiest. I've learned with going and leaving school and here that I stink at goodbyes.. (haha.. No duh... can you tell?

Anyway! Enough about that! I'm home in 2 days!!!! Oh goodness.. my heart just skipped a beat! I can't wait to see you all and create even more adventures!

-Lindsey




2 comments:

  1. Yeah we have that logo on our sweatshirts for basketball and so when we go out of town for games and we stop to get food or whatever people always ask if we are North Carolina University because they have a really famous basketball program and we have to explain that we are Beacons and people look sad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We have been deceived this WHOLE time.. haha.. I wore my blue sweatshirt that my dad got me for Christmas.. (It has that logo on it)and Joe Joe said something about me being a "swagger jacker" haha.. I had no clue what he was talking about and then I started seeing all these symbols/logos around and I thought NCU was just really popular.. BUT NO! LO AND BEHOLD! It's silly North Carolina's symbol. I then realized that NCU is a swagger jacker.... =/

    hahaha

    "Are you part of the North Carolina's team!?!?!?!?!"

    "umm....No... but we are Beacons though..."

    "Oh..."

    "Sorry...."

    hahah.. That was just the imagined conversation I had in my head. Love you. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete