Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fish Tales

Howdy! This weekend I went up to Pinetop, AZ to spend some time at the cabin my family built. It's right next to Hawley Lake and it is gorgeous up there! Fresh air, trees, afternoon rain, and my favorite: fishing. I'm a bit of a closet fisherwoman. I've been baiting my own hook and reeling in my own fish since I was about 7, usually at Hawley Lake. (Maybe I am a redneck after all) My brother and his friend were also up at the lake and so we all spent part of the day fishing. Well, my dad set up my pole for me and we had bought some corn for bait so I cast out and waited to see if I would get a bight or if a crawdad would get my bait. Sure enough, my line wasn't in the water more than 5 minutes before something knocked my pole over! Huzzah! I raced over and reeled in a 14-inch trout! The biggest fish I have ever caught! My poor brother and his friend were put to shame. I didn't get a chance to eat it (though fresh trout is rather tasty) I did, however, gut it and clean it myself. (How do ya like that boys?) So not only did I catch a whopper of a fish and clean it myself, I also took my first ride on the back of a motor cycle!! My uncle has a Harley Davidson and he took me on a ride and it was so fun! Overall, I had a fairly adventurous weekend. Peace out girl scouts!

--Keegs
Me and my fishy. Yes, it was pouring rain when I reeled it in.

Me, about it gut my fish.

Me grossing my grandmother out by playing with the dead fishy.

Me, chilling on a Harley. Yeah, that's how I roll.

I like to go FAST!! Zoom Zoom!






No comments:

Post a Comment