Thursday, May 6, 2010

Adventures Indeed


Ello Poppets,

I'm sitting in a nearly bare room, I've been packing alllll day so I'm taking a break to blog about some adventures that occured yesterday. Huzzah!

My good friend, teammate and mentor (Jen) is graduating in a few days so we decided to go on a date together to celebrate before we're both gone. So, I asked Jen what she wanted to do and she said roller skating. Yup. Roller Skating. So we headed out for Skate World at 6:30 (since that's when you get a discount and you skate for only $3!) As we pulled into the parkinglot, there were hords of small children in front of the building. The entire walk from the car to the door I mumbled under my breath "I am 19 years old, I am 19 years old!" When we went to buy our tickets, the girls working the counter just so happened to go to our school and asked us why we were there. When we replied "to skate, of course." She just looked at us for a second before printing up our tickets. When we finally got inside and put our hot wheels on, we realized we were the oldest people there without our parents. Scary. Also, I look like a wounded giraffe on wheels. Just saying. So after wobbling around the rink a few laps, the people who run the place got a funny idea: lets play a game!! RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT.
So, apon Jen's urging we line up against the wall with all of the third graders and then things got really bad; the lady conducting this game said GO. Now, if you had any kind of a childhood at all, you know that in a game of red light green light, saying GO doesn't mean a darn thing. But Jen apparently had no childhood. She grabs my arm and takes off skating as fast as she can. I'm yelling, "Stop Jen! She didn't say GREEN LIGHT!" But Jen was too intent on winning to hear of it. "We're gonna win Keegan, we're gonna win!" and we pulled through the finish line. The rink was dead silent, every child was staring in disbealief, because everyone should know how the game works. Needless to say, it was an adventure of a night that I will never forget!








LATER THAT NIGHT..................
12:38 AM

Just as Lindsey and I had turned out the light and said goodnight......

BOOM! BANG! CRASH!!!

The top part of Lindsey's desk tilted off the frame and down came Gill's bowl and the microwave! Lindsey calmly stated, "Gill is dying and I am blind." So I rushed to get a cup of water to rescue Gill and after some flopping around we rescued him. He's still in shock, so Lindsey will have to counsel him through it. We called an RA hoping to find a vacuume to pick up the glass shards so we didn't shank ourselves and bleed to death (that would be no fun) but alas, there was no vacuume to be found untill later this morning. Now we must resume packing so we can go home for the summer! Much love!

P.S. To our story winners, I was thinking about a Mad Lib instead of a story, what do you think?




9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had tons of fun and, YIKES about the desk! It is warm here already so at night when it cools down, my roommate and I keep a box fan in the window with the window open...which is great until your cat tried to climb in through the window and PULLS THE FAN INTO THE FRONT YARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man the desk incident was a crazy one. haha
    Oh geez.. silly cats. That reminds me of my sisters cats.. Well now just bunz.. he's always a crazy one. Are you currently in school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in school for a couple more weeks, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun.. Good luck my friend. Only a few more weeks and you will be free for a summer! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO! Hahah, I have so much to do before then...! Are you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm done with school for the summer! Woot woot. I finished my last day on the 6th. I have a feeling it won't be too free of a summer though. I am moving to Pennsylvania for the break to do a school internship (blog post to come on that) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!! Good luck, I'm curious...hey, is it weird if I add you on fb? I see you around allie's page sometimes and have been debating if it's weird or not. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha.. Totally not weird. I was thinking about doing the same. =] I'll add you right now.

    ReplyDelete