Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I voted today :)

Well gang, Lindsey is off to grand adventures in Pennsylvania and I'm so happy for her! I know God is going to do awesome through her and for her. Go Lindsey! :)

Here in Phoenix, things are pretty low key. However, today I reached a milestone in my life, a sign of maturity and adulthood recognized by the government it self!


I VOTED FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!!!!!!!!
[I got a nifty sticker for voting^]


I voted on Proposition 100, which will raise sales tax (yes we have that here) in order to fund education. Without this bill, schools will be forced to cut all PE, art, music and sports programs and let a bunch of teachers and other educators go. The situation is dire and it really needs to pass! And I got to do my civic duty as an American and help it to do just that! WooHoo rights! yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Woot! Woot! Wow Keegan Uncle Sam would be proud! You never know your vote could have tipped the scales in the right direction. Man I miss you guys, make sure to keep posting all of your adventures or else we'll have so much catching up to do back at school that it'll take an eternity!

    ReplyDelete