Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nerf Battle!



"I lost an arm! I lost an arm!" Lindsey shouted frantically as the bright orange, Styrofoam-like bullets kept whizzing past her head. The night was as black as a piece of coal fried in a vat of tar. Whoosh went a bullet. Tragic screams could be heard from the (extremely inferior) boys' unquenched throats. This was a battle unlike any had ever seen before. So gruesome was the fight, so treacherous the terrain, so powerful the awesome roommates of a lifetime. 

Well…that was an awesome way of procrastinating on my homework some more. 















Last night Preston, Daniel, Keegan and I all made a stop at Toys 'R' Us and picked up nerf guns! Jason later joined us all and we had a huge nerf gun competition in the "Quad" (Grassy enclosure on campus). We started off with simply trying to get to each others' base... and then a game of capture the flag.. We then realized that all we really wanted to do is shoot each other. So without further ado, we conjured up a game that involved debilitating each other. If you were shot you had to tragically fall to your death and were out for 10 seconds. If you were shot in the arm, leg, finger, etc. you lost that limb until you were killed. Since we only had 4 guns Jason became designated the "BULLET BOY." While we were fiercely dueling, he would snatch our ammunition off the ground and give it to the first person who held a gun to his back. Hahaha. Oh my. We are a creative bunch. It was soo much fun. Oh and did I mention that the boys had the great idea of using sharpie on their faces for war paint? Yay for girls and eyeliner! haha.
































Thank you Jason for taking all these pictures!



After nearly 3 hours of screaming bloody murder, laughing our heads off, and destroying each other, we decided to call it quits because we were disrupting the sleeping people on campus and major allergies were starting to set in.  

Daniel went home and the rest of us showered. We then popped in the movie Men In Black and called it a night. 
It was a glorious beginning to the last weekend of the school year. 
It's rather bitter sweet if you ask me. We have such a great time together we shall see how summer goes (I know I say that all the time... Sorry)

Anyway! Be jealous. I know the rest of the NCU campus was. 

We sure do know how to rock it. 

-Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey! Remember when we all did this with Garrison over a Winter Break? Karli was hilarious, running around in her fleece poncho. All of the bullets would stick to the fleece and so she'd just jump out of our "fort" and roll around on the floor to pick up extra ammo. I miss nerf wars, but not as much as I miss YOU (Ps. you are coming so soon! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie- that's the only reason why I wore that! :P Haha JK Love you!

    -Karli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah.. yeah I was telling all my friends that I am pro at nerf gun wars because my family has them all the time. haha.
    That's so funny with Karli, I'll have to remember to wear my fleece poncho next time I'm playing with my friends =P

    ReplyDelete