Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I’d like to make myself believe…


I didn't know what to think as I gazed beyond the back porch and into the back yard. Glowing specks of orange sporadically illuminated in the sky. At first I thought I was seeing things; the 93 degree, sticky, humid weather had finally gotten to me, causing me to hallucinate. However, as Rachael (my overseer, undeclared mentor, and great friend) and I continued jamming on our guitars in the now cool, refreshing night air, I shouted in wonder,

"ARE THOSE FIREFLIES!?!?!?"


Sure enough I had my first encounter with fireflies! Never in my life did I think I would have the chance to see such creatures. I even tried catching them. I ran outside and trekked through the grass despite my fears of ticks and was able to capture one. It soon got away though =/. I tried getting more friends for it but it had other plans. haha.

This moment would have been that much better if Keegan was with me. =] My partner in crime.


For now I will just "get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs as they try to teach me how to dance." 


-Lindsey


P.S. 




I LEAVE TO SEE ALLIE, GARRISON, AND BABY HENRY TOMORROW!!

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that's so cool! I wanna see fireflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It is such a weird experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love fireflies! I remember the first time I saw one too, we were living in Chicago and I got so excited.

    Get here soooon! I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh. i just realized that last picture has my face on it.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha.. I was wondering if you saw it or not. haha.. I had to enlarge it. =]

    ReplyDelete